Moody’s Analytics | Catylist Colorado Broker Forum
Join us for an in-depth discussion of the Colorado CRE market as we bring together subject matter experts from across Moody’s Analytics and the local brokerage community.
Webinar - The Road Ahead: What’s Next for the Economy and CRE
Panelists led an interactive discussion on views regarding the economic recovery, vaccine timings, and the likely effect on CRE performance metrics over the medium to long run.
- How have our views on the severity of the pandemic and the trajectory of the recovery changed, from the initial onset of lockdown last March to today?
- What's next for fiscal and monetary support?
- When will vaccines be made widely available, and what that means for economic projections
- How does this all map into performance metrics for different property types in multifamily and commercial real estate? Will the holiday season help retailers much?
- What perspectives should we consider when it comes to CRE pricing and transaction markets? When might deal flow resume?
- What are our latest projections in terms of CRE pricing trends, defaults, and losses?
Webinar - Q3 2020 Quarterly Economic Briefing
With reopening efforts underway, have real estate fundamentals turned the corner? Or have performance metrics actually begun to show distress given continuing uncertainties? How did different geographies and property types fare, and what is our outlook for 2021?
Webinar - An Update on the CRE/CMBS Market
Moody's Analytics & Raymond James in Conversation
Panelists discussed the impact on CRE/CMBS and major lending products such as office, retail, hospitality as the events of the pandemic continue to unfold and share thoughts on where this might further evolve.
Webinar - Evolving Views on the Future of Office Space
The COVID-19 crisis forced wide swaths of the economy to adopt remote working policies. Some big firms appear to be planning to cut down on their need for office space in the future, but there are opposing views.
- Will COVID-19 have lasting effects that reallocate demand for office space away from CBDs towards less dense areas?
- How will office landlords respond? How are they doing right now, in the short run, as physical occupancy remains relatively low?
- What will determine whether office space in certain areas remains viable? Are demand drivers different across geographies? How will other related trends like the rise of logistics and e-commerce affect these assessments?
Webinar - Student Housing: Great Uncertainty in the Fall
In this webinar, panelists discussed the impact of COVID-19 on the student housing sector. The webinar focused on how the pandemic has changed the market dynamics and outlook for student housing, as we enter the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Updated forecasts for rent growth and occupancy rates for the upcoming Fall semester, as supply growth dynamics for some student housing markets evolve
- Specific experiences of student housing operators navigating the crisis.
- Is this the start of a more fundamental change for higher education? Will COVID-19 accelerate the adoption of online learning?
Webinar - Q2 2020 Quarterly Economic Briefing
Dr. Victor Calanog, Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics at Moody's Analytics REIS, discussed the latest trends in multifamily and commercial real estate performance metrics.
In what may be a quarter where we experienced the largest decline in economic activity on record, how did different property types and geographic markets perform? What should we expect for the remainder of the year, and beyond?
Webinar - The Impact of COVID-19 on Lending in the 2nd Half of 2020 – An Update on CRE
Moody's Analytics & Raymond James in Conversation
This webinar provided expert insight and trend analysis of CRE lending in the age of COVID-19. John Toohig, Head of Whole Loan Trading at Raymond James, and Victor Calanog, Head of CRE Economics at Moody's Analytics REIS, discussed what this means for the industry.
Webinar - COVID-19 and the Debt Market for US Multifamily and CRE
An update with the Mortgage Bankers Association
Moody's held an interactive discussion with Jamie Woodwell, Vice President, Research and Economics at the Mortgage Bankers Association, to discuss the latest trends for loans supported by multifamily and commercial properties, given COVID-19.
- The CMBS market is reflecting enormous distress, particularly for hotel and retail loans, at an unprecedented case. Is the same true for other lender types?
- As recently as February we were expecting close to a 10% growth in MF/CRE issuance across lender types – on top of 2019’s record breaking year of over $600 billion. What should we expect for 2020 and 2021?
- How is the industry handling distressed loans? Is there some form of relief in sight, and how well are government support programs working?
- What are the key differences between this crisis, for the CRE debt market, versus 2008-2009? What are the prospects for recovery?
Webinar - Managing the Shock to CRE: A Practical Approach to Quantify Loan Performance
This session provided an in-depth analysis of CRE loan performance and credit risks under Moody’s latest economic and real estate scenarios. In a case study format, we will illustrate how to translate an economic outlook into loan-level measures of credit risk to help you better quantify and manage the performance of your CRE portfolio.
Webinar - Accounting for Credit Losses in CRE: A Case Study
Credit loss forecasting models are only as effective as the data on which they were built, and few, if any, were designed to capture the effects a sudden pandemic would unleash on the U.S. economy. In times like this, how are financial institutions determining the right amount to set aside for future credit losses?
In this insightful discussion, panelists present a case study on an approach to quantitatively model credit risk in a range of economic scenarios, and adjust the results to capture information that models may not consider.
Webinar - COVID-19 and the Hospitality Sector
Moody's hosted a webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the hospitality sector.
The panelists discussed:
- Where has the stress manifested in property fundamentals, and are there geographic areas that are bouncing back faster than others?
- How is distress playing out in the CMBS debt markets, and are there opportunities given various market dislocations?
- As economic reopening ensues – and as reinfection rates rise – what are the short- and long-term prospects for hotel properties?
- What are the segments of the hospitality industry that are seeing near term recovery vs. those that will take longer to recover?
Webinar - CRE Industrial Update
Moody's hosted a CRE update webinar to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the industrial sector. Thomas S. Olinger, CFO of Prologis, was the guest speaker.
- Industrial fundamentals and outlook
- COVID-19 vs. GFC: What is different this time?
- Real-time insights: leasing, payments, and securitization
- What’s next for industrial: e-commerce, de-urbanization, reshoring
Webinar - Moody's Analytics REIS & CWCapital in Conversation: COVID-19 and Distress in Debt Markets
Distress in debt markets for multifamily and commercial real estate is unfolding at a much faster pace, given the dynamics of the COVID-19 crisis. Still, distress appears to be following a specific pattern for particular property types. The CMBS market offers the most transparent, generally accessible picture of how the status of loans supported by different CRE sectors is changing. In this session, we discuss the mechanics of distress in the CRE debt markets, and offer insights into what's next as economic reopening efforts ensue.
Webinar - Will Multifamily Emerge from COVID-19 Relatively Unscathed?
Panelists discussed the impact of COVID-19 on Multifamily.
- There seems to be a consensus that multifamily will emerge from the COVID-19 crisis in relatively better shape than other property types like hotel and retail. What factors drive this assessment?
- Are there geographic markets that will fare better or worse?
- Are there segments of multifamily debt markets that appear to be hit harder by COVID-19, versus others?
- What risks do market players need to consider (and may not be thinking through properly) given the uncertainties of COVID-19? Are there subtypes in rental housing that will not escape relatively unscathed?
Webinar - Downturns, Delays, and the COVID-19 Pandemic
Economic downturns cause delays and cancellations for new construction in multifamily and commercial real estate, as uncertainty about the timing and magnitude of future cash flows prompts market players to reassess priorities. The COVID-19 crisis adds several layers of complexity as shelter-in-place policies are disrupting supply chains and (in some places) halting construction activity altogether. In this webinar, we describe how we track disruptions to construction, and how we update our supply growth forecasts dynamically - affecting our outlook for performance metrics like rents and vacancies.
Webinar - What’s Next for the CRE Industry Post COVID-19?
Panelists discussed what would recovery look like across different CRE sectors: what factors are important? how long will it take? what changes are here to stay?
- Employment: How and when does it return as the pandemic ebbs? What is unique about job loss and recovery in this cycle?
- Hotels: Severe near-term risk, and what would recovery look like?
- Retail: Accelerated disruption; who are the winners and losers?
- Office: Will it be permanently disrupted?
Webinar - Q1 2020 Quarterly Economic Briefing
Dr. Victor Calanog, Head of Commercial Real Estate Economics at Moody's Analytics, will provide an economic overview and discuss the latest trends in property fundamentals, pricing, and mortgage markets for the first quarter of 2020.
Webinar - The Future of Multifamily and CRE in Energy Markets
With demand shocks pushing oil prices down to record lows, the energy industry has had to deal with historic amounts of upheaval given the COVID-19 crisis. How will multifamily and commercial properties be affected in geographic markets that are dependent on the industry?
Webinar - COVID-19: US CRE REITs Update
In this webinar, panelists discussed the impact of COVID-19 on REITs. Topics included:
- Capital structure and liquidity of REITs
- Retail REITs: Malls vs. Shopping Centers
- Healthcare REITs: senior housing and skilled nursing
- Office Property REITs
- What to look for during 2020 that signals a recovery or more trouble to come
Webinar - Has The Northwest Flattened the Curve? What’s Next for Multifamily and CRE
After Northwest cities like Seattle grabbed early headlines given COVID-19 cases, major outbreaks appear to have leveled off in Washington state. Can we begin assuming that multifamily and commercial real estate properties in the area will fare relatively better versus other places?
Webinar - US CRE Amid Plummeting Oil Prices
A historical collapse of oil prices has followed a sharp coronavirus-driven worldwide reduction in oil demand and a supply shock from the disagreement among the OPEC oil-producing countries. As oil tenants and oil production activities suffer what may be sustained stress, the CRE sector will inevitably feel the pain as well. Panelists discuss the future of CRE in oil dominant markets.
Webinar - Moody's Analytics REIS & Raymond James In Conversation: COVID-19’s Impact on CRE Lending
This webinar will provide expert insight and trend analysis of CRE lending in the age of COVID-19.
Webinar - The Northeast as the Epicenter: Multifamily and CRE in the Age of COVID-19
This webinar will focus on the near-term future for multifamily and CRE property types in the Northeast region and how they are impacted by COVID-19.
Webinar - COVID-19: US CRE Retail Update
This webinar discusses the discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the US CRE Retail sector.
Topics of Discussion:
- The near term outlook for retail – sponsorship, geography, and property type matters
- How owners and tenants are impacted by the CARES Act and in-place lease provisions
- Possible ramifications for retail in a post-coronavirus world
Webinar - Market Decisions in an Age of Uncertainty: California Property Markets
A discussion on California Markets, and the Near Term Future of CRE Finance and Property Types
Webinar - COVID-19: Potential Effects On the US Economy, CRE Sectors, and CRE Finance Markets
This webinar discussed the potential effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the US economy, CRE sectors, and CRE finance markets.
Topics of discussion:
- How has our outlook for US GDP growth for 2020 changed in light of the most recent developments?
- How might the continued spread of COVID-19 affect the performance of various property types? Could there be winners as well as losers?
- Which geographic areas are at most risk, and why?
- How would transaction volume and pricing be affected by the spike in volatility in financial markets?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close