Interview with Michael Corbat, Chief Executive Officer, Citigroup Inc.
In the past decade, few banks have undergone greater change than Citigroup. Having spent his entire career at Citigroup and as CEO since 2012, Michael Corbat has been instrumental in designing and executing these changes to build a simpler, smaller, safer and sounder institution for Citigroup’s bondholders. Today, Citigroup is investing heavily in its global franchises to digitize offerings to its institutional and consumer clients to sustain a position as a bank of the future – trends Mr. Corbat is in a unique position to discuss.
- How has Citigroup’s business been transformed, and what has this meant for bondholders?
- How is Citigroup navigating the crisis and what will be the key longer-term implications?
- How is Citigroup differentiating itself in digital technology investments for institutions and consumers?
Moody’s Panel: Key developments and trends at the global investment banks
How will these banks perform in the remainder of 2020 and into 2021?
What areas of their business activities would be most exposed to a prolonged or deeper crisis?
How effective are their respective business mixes in providing buffers to increased expectations for credit losses?
Panel: Key developments and trends in financial institutions’ commercial real estate portfolios
- How has the coronavirus pandemic affected underwriting philosophies?
- How have government support measures benefitted the CRE sector?
- What are the long-term implications of the coronavirus pandemic on CRE sub-sectors, including office space?
- Which CRE portfolios are most at risk if the downturn lasts longer than expected?
Moody’s Panel: Coronavirus pandemic poses diverse challenges and opportunities for different specialty finance lenders
- How is the crisis affecting activities, asset quality, profitability and capital across each key subsector – CRE lenders, aircraft lessors, business development companies, auto captives, subprime lenders, credit card companies and non-bank mortgage companies?
- Which components of these sub-sectors are most exposed?
- Going forward, what are the key variables within their control that will help determine how well they weather the storm?
Spotlight interview with Kelly S. King, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Truist Financial
- What are the key challenges and milestones involved in merging two large banks, considering the cultural issues and the industry’s history of suboptimal bank acquisitions?
- What is the progress on digitalization efforts and ability to compete with the larger banks?
- Given that banks are flushed with low-cost deposits, is there a concern about deposit disintermediation in the long-term?
- What will be the long-run fallout for the industry from the coronavirus pandemic?
Moody’s Panel: Coronavirus-driven uncertainty continues to challenge US regional banks’ overall strong credit profiles
- What are the most sensitive exposures and key concentrations?
- How are the banks mitigating profitability pressures in a prolonged low interest rate environment?
- What is the capital trajectory in light of CECL implementation and distribution policies?
- What are expected financial results for the remainder of 2020?
Keynote interview with Thomas E.Flynn Chief Financial Officer of Bank of Montreal
- What are the key factors in steering a leading North American bank through turbulent times?
- How important is geographical and business diversification?
- What are the bank’s key strengths and how are these being levered?
- How are cross-border technology investments being optimized?
- What have been the key developments in risk management?
Moody’s Panel: Key developments and trends in the Canadian banking sector
- To what extent is the concentrated industry structure a credit strength?
- How resilient are pre-provision earnings and capital?
- How has the government’s policies affected banks’ liquidity?
- What are the expectations concerning loan losses and provisioning?
Interview with Tom Wipf, Vice Chairman of Institutional Securities, Morgan Stanley
- What is the state of play concerning financial institutions’ readiness for a post-LIBOR world?
- What progress has been made to date?
- What should industry observers expect to be the key hurdles and developments to keep an eye on?
- What are Moody’s Analytics’ expectations concerning key US economic trends in 2021?
- How will the outcomes of the US presidential and congressional elections affect the economy?
Interview with Brian Moynihan, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America has evolved considerably over the past decade, strengthening its expansive and diverse business presence with a greater focus on expense discipline and responsible growth. This has enabled the bank to generate steady improvements in efficiency, notwithstanding significant investments in technology intended to better serve its clients and respond to competitive challenges that threaten to reshape the banking industry. The interview will feature topics including:
How is Bank of America navigating the myriad of challenges that exist in today’s banking environment?
What does Bank of America mean by “responsible growth” and how does the bank ensure a long-term commitment to this?
How will Bank of America evolve to meet the shifting technological, workplace and societal trends in each of its key businesses and regions?
Panel: US global investment banks’ third quarter earnings highlights
Shortly following the five US-based global investment banks’ reporting third quarter earnings, the panel will examine their results and provide an update on key trends for the remainder of the year and into 2021:
Did capital markets’ perform as well as in the second quarter and what are Moody’s expectations for the rest of the year?
What updates did the banks make to their credit loss assumptions and how did this affect their provisions for losses and future guidance?
What were the key trends in liquidity and capital?
What fourth quarter earnings guidance did the banks provide?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close