Keynote interview with Christian Sewing, CEO, Deutsche Bank
- Strategic impact of the current crisis: What opportunities it creates, eliminates or defers
- Views on recovery as well as government and regulatory interventions
- How the current situation will impact Deutsche’s strategic plans and targets?
- Extent to which the current crisis has driven increasing focus by the bank on ESG – particularly social risks
Profitability in low interest rate environment
- Up to now the net interest margins were maintained. What’s next?
- How are banks coping with increasing pressure on profitability?
- The impact of low rates and flat yield curves across European banking systems
Spotlight Interview: Making sustainability a core part of a bank’s strategy
- Costs and benefits of implementing a sustainable finance framework
- ESG challenges faced by a global financial institution
Panel Discussion: ESG integration in ratings
- Integration of ESG risks into bank credit analysis
- Sustainable finance and banks. Source of risks vs. opportunities
Spotlight Interview with Chief Digital Officer, Belfius
- What is the rationale and expected value added behind the strategic partnership between Belfius and a telecom company?
- Has COVID-19 crisis prompted material changes in the way banks will digitalize their activities?
- What is the state of competition between traditional banks and neo-banks?
Panel Discussion: Disruptive technologies
- Can banks change as quickly as their customers?
- How is the payments landscape changing?
Spotlight Conversation: Future of Asset Management
- Where will the fundamental shifts in the European industry come from?
- What competitive advantages should asset managers watch out for?
- What role will technology play in the successes and failures in the industry?
- Will ESG investing be the next big secular trend in asset management?
- What will be the longer-term impacts from the coronavirus pandemic on asset manager’s business models?
Panel Discussion: Focus on IFRS 9 - Managing Model Risk in Unprecedented Times
- Challenges in applying IFRS9 guidance in light of the fast changing economic assumptions
- Determining EL in relation to loans subject to moratoria
- Challenges in applying regulatory guidance in relation to ECL
- Expectations in relation to when consumer versus corporate exposures will migrate
Presentation: The impact of cyber risks on banks
- Have digital banking and remote work increased cyber risks?
- Moody’s approach to cyber risk
Panel Discussion: Bank Cyber awareness and readiness
- How banks’ cyber risk awareness has developed
- Banks’ readiness to new cyberattacks
Focus on Germany & Switzerland
- Is banks’ solvency strong enough to cope with the coronavirus impact?
- Can banks generate profits amid 2020’s interest rate environment?
Focus on UK
- Are strong capital and ample liquidity sufficient to weather the storm?
- Have credit losses peaked?
Focus on France
- How will the coronavirus crisis affect banks’ credit profiles?
- French banking groups have more diverse sources of revenues than most peers: What can this bring in the current environment?
- How will the pandemic reshape technological trends in the French banking industry?
Focus on Nordics
- Why have Nordic banks weathered the Coronavirus better than European peers?
- How do we expect their credit profiles to fare in the face of the lower for even longer interest rates that will likely follow?
Focus on Italy
- Does the current high level of NPLs In Italy bring about specific challenges for Italian banks in the current environment?
- Will the Covid crisis accelerate the domestic consolidation within the Italian banking industry?
Focus on Spain
- What challenges Spanish banks face amid one of EU’s most severe economic contractions?
- Will Spanish banks’ credit profiles remain resilient after the pandemic?
An error occurred trying to play the stream. Please reload the page and try again.Close